it's really very simple, be inspired by our word of the week and just write :).
To see this week's entries check out the list at the bottom of this post. We put it behind a cut so it doesn't clog up your scrolling.
A drabble is a work of 100 words exactly. Flash fiction is a work of up to 500 words. Both may be submitted to the cascade. So What Can You Write? The simple answer is - anything! Our work here on FB3X will be erotically themed. but feel free to take the inspiration any way you want to, fiction, fanfiction, non-fiction, meta, since variety is the spice of life!
To those struck by inspiration (and no you don't have to be a professional writer to join in, anyone can embrace their inner author):
- Below you will find a chance to join in the cascade in the form of a linked list
- Write a drabble/flash fiction inspired by the word of the week.
- Post the fiction to your own blog, social media, or website
- Then insert a link into the linked list to that drabble/flash fiction for everyone to find (A hint of the genre of your drabble/flash fiction in the title of your post would be appreciated.), e.g. A Little Bit of Fun (PG, Science Fiction)
- To encourage your friends to join in and hence cascade the fun, you can also add the list into your own post by copying the code.
- OR you can just write us something in the comments :)
AND NOW - on to the fiction :)
|Contains adult themes,|
I'm trying to do something a little different this year. For those of you who don't know, unless it's a week inspired by a holiday, or memorable occasion, our word of the week is picked by opening up a dictionary to a random location, waving a finger about without looking at the page and pointing it to a word, i.e. it's chance. So, this year, rather than standalone drabbles, I am going to try writing a coherent story, Flight of Fire, in 100 word episodes, each one inspired by the word of the week. I have a vague outline for characters and direction of Flight of Fire, but specifics will be decided by the word of the week.
His father stood below, his mother and his brother to one side: Ferric looked so happy: Blane, his idol, knelt before the king.
“Arise, Lord Marshall Blane,” his father intoned.
Benedict’s heart thudded as he witnessed history in the making. All hope was gone! Terrified and lost, he ran.
|Contains adult themes,|
Hope you are all having a good day and enjoy my little offering this week.
Opening it, he reverently read the archaic script on the first page, whispering each word under his breath. The ink swirled before his eyes, rising from the parchment into a glittering cloud. As he breathed in, so the cloud flowed into him.
"It has been a long time, Pendragon," a ghostly voice whispered in his ear.
"They need us again," he said, feeling the magic moving through him.
"Good to be young again," Myrddin said, appearing from nowhere and smiling at him.
We will also give you 2 FREE ebooks just for signing up.