it's really very simple, be inspired by our word of the week and just write :).
To see this week's entries check out the list at the bottom of this post. We put it behind a cut so it doesn't clog up your scrolling.
A drabble is a work of 100 words exactly. Flash fiction is a work of up to 500 words. Both may be submitted to the cascade. So What Can You Write? The simple answer is - anything! Our work here on FB3X will be erotically themed. but feel free to take the inspiration any way you want to, fiction, fanfiction, non-fiction, meta, since variety is the spice of life!
To those struck by inspiration (and no you don't have to be a professional writer to join in, anyone can embrace their inner author):
- Below you will find a chance to join in the cascade in the form of a linked list
- Write a drabble/flash fiction inspired by the word of the week.
- Post the fiction to your own blog, social media, or website
- Then insert a link into the linked list to that drabble/flash fiction for everyone to find (A hint of the genre of your drabble/flash fiction in the title of your post would be appreciated.), e.g. A Little Bit of Fun (PG, Science Fiction)
- To encourage your friends to join in and hence cascade the fun, you can also add the list into your own post by copying the code.
- OR you can just write us something in the comments :)
AND NOW - on to the fiction :)
|Contains adult themes,|
This drabble's a bit of an experiment. It's very close first person and that person is somewhat distracted ;). The grammar is very loose and I've tried to use punctuation and formatting to express changes in thought and time.
The moments in this fic actually have quite a full back story, more than most of my drabbles when I write them, in fact, but I'm not going to tell you what that story is, because that would detract from the point of the fic, which, I hope, is for you to interpret as you will and work out your own back story. If you get the gist of what is going on, then I've succeeded, and I'd be interested to know what you think, thanks :D.
...Where am I? Warm, dark - Where - clothes? - shit, can’t move...ahhhhhhh - keep doing that, just, please - keep - doing - that!
…knew, I think, had wood since dawn...yes!...blessing to the Oak...Yes!...my seed is yours...MY GOD, YES!
Suitable for all.
So I was feeling cutesy when I wrote this, you have been warned :)
Then he glanced up at his boyfriend of three years and tried to work out what was going on. Jin looked so hopeful and Lance knew he was missing context. The tips of Jin's ears were pink which suggested the elf was eager about something.
"What does it mean?" Lance finally asked as Jin started to look less excited and more crest-fallen.
"Oh," Jin said, brightening again as realisation hit, "oh, sorry; will you marry me?"
Lance was flabbergasted and stared at the acorn. Then he smiled.